Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Forum Thoughts, Part 4, & Late Work

Dear AP Lit Students,

A quick look online shows how industriously you have been posting to the Foster forums. I have read and graded all of the first forum, and I am impressed at the range and level of insight. "Meeting" you this way is one of my favorite parts of the class.

The second forum (due the 20th) is also off to a good start; however, I wanted to clarify that for the second Foster forum, you should post a specific example (e.g. In the book Dombey and Son by Charles Dickens, which I am currently reading, the character Florence certainly seems to fit Foster's definition of a Christ figure [chapter 14, "Yes, She's a Christ Figure, Too"]) and then explain how your example works in some detail.
 
As of today, the final piece of the summer assignment (due the 24th at 3:15 p.m.) is open. Have a look and let me know if you have any questions. I hope you enjoy the stories I have chosen.
 
Finally, it seems time to make a note on late work. Some of you have not yet posted to the first Foster forum; it is not too late. Late work is better than no work both intellectually and as it regards your grade. Also, the counselors have informed me in no uncertain terms that they are not allowing students to drop AP classes this year, so do the summer work now and avoid digging yourself a hole for the start of the new semester.
 
May this find you enjoying the last weeks of your summer and looking forward to the start of your senior year.
 
See you in person very soon.
 
Mr. Staiano 

No comments: